Wednesday, January 5, 2011

on a roll

So this quilting thing is a little addictive.  I work full time and find that quilting is such a different outlet from my work life as an elementary school principal that I could probably make a case for quilting's therapeutic effect!  I have been keeping my crafty mum up to date with all my completed quilts and she put in her order.  "A quilt with a lot of aqua or turquoise with a little pink would be really nice for the spare bedroom," she says to me.  HMMMMM.  No problem!  My fabulous local quilt shop has this great sale in August where they set up tables with fabric samples and sell it by the pound.  I had, among other things, scored some fabulous samples of Blush by Basic Grey for Moda.  Perfect.  But what should the quilt look like?  A friend and I had been to a quilt show and the guild had a table of books and magazines for cheap.  My hand fell on a Moda pattern book for quilts from charm packs from several years ago.  And this is what happened...


A quilt for my mummy.  The darker turquoise bands around the half square triangles came from some cotton from my Gramma's stash.  I like to use bits of her fabric.  It is a nice way to remember her.  One of my Christmas pillows is on the floor too.  I will tell you about those later.

Mum opened this quilt up at Christmas.  She was happy.  Quilt number 5 for 2010.  Our cat likes it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment