Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Works in Progress..
1) I sashed and filled in all the negative space and got all my broken diamonds together. I made the back and sandwiched the whole thing. I was happy. I felt like I was in a really good place to leave it on the floor in the downstairs living room. I could go to work for the rest of the week and then quilt it on the weekend. Life is good. I then hopped on the exercise bike for my late afternoon cycle. From my lofty perch, I often stare down at the floor at whatever quilt is in the floor stage (sandwiched and awaiting quilting). I realized that I had the quilt in the wrong orientation... at least in my mind. I wanted the diamonds to be vertical, with the lighter sides on the left. ARGH! After I did my cycling, I had to un-sandwich the quilt. Add some white to the top and the bottom of the quilt to make it the right length and chop some of the white off the sides to bring it down to the right width. Then I re-sandwiched the whole thing. Life was then good. I cycled today and from my lofty perch, life is still good. Quilt renovations complete. (And this quilt is inspired by Kati's quilt by the way.)
2) I pulled scraps for the Modern Scrappy bits swap. I hope these make my partner happy!!!!
3) I cut a metre of this fabric into 5" charm squares for the Canadian Text Me a Charm swap!
4) I have an "in progress" Modern Scrappy Bits swap project on the go.
5) My Scrappy Trip quilt aka 1512 is finished!!!!!
And that is where this quilter is at. What about you? Linking up with the Needle and Thread Network and Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday.