Friday, October 5, 2012

A little Friday Finish



I made another Mendocino needle book.  I used this tutorial but made it just a wee bit bigger.  I also added a pocket to the front and back cover.  How much fun is this?  I had another fabulous vintage button to use for the closure.

 And then I had a lot of fun with the inside pages.  I used a really fabulous wool felt for the pages.  It has a lot more body and substance than regular craft felt.  I used my handy dandy fancy rotary cutter blade that I leave in my handy dandy back up rotary cutter for making fancy edges on the pages.  Snazzy!




This will be a door prize for my next quilt guild meeting and I really hope it goes over well.  And I am going to link up with Amanda's finish it up Friday and with Megan for Sew Modern Monday.   Be sure to check out all the other finishes!  I am going to do just that.

7 comments:

  1. Whoever wins this at your next quilt meeting is a very lucky person. The needle book is stunning, love your fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I love the bits of fabric on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute!!! Now I'm really sad to be missing the Oct. meeting!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a generous door prize! I love how you've added the scraps of fabric on the pages of the needle book. Wool felt is so luxurious, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really cool! You've inspired me to get some more handstitching into my work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love that fabric it is so whimsical. Wool felt - I will have to find so before the next scrappy bits. Your needle book is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete