Monday, October 15, 2012

You are my sunshine!



I am getting there!  I only have one more line to go and then I can start putting all the letters together.  Then the fun part comes with trying to figure out the layout of the words.  I have been pretty scrappy with this.  The letters are made with a variety of grays and each letter has scrappy yellows.  I will need to make sure that the same grays do not line up in the layout.  I can see an "E" that I will need to switch out because the "I" above it is the same fabric.  Yoiks!  That just will not do.

Up next... "When skies are gray."  The letters are easy to sew together.  The time consuming part is the cutting out of each piece of the letters, prior to sewing.  I found it worked well for me to do a word at a time.  That is cutting out all the bits of each letter needed for the word and then sewing all the letters together for that word before moving on.  I found the "H" to be really wide so on the last one that I made I narrowed it.  I may go back and narrow the others.  I did that by cutting a chunk off the middle portion of the "H".




7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Can't wait to see the final product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking great, Cathy! That looks like a lot of work, but will be so worth it in the end. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! You are almost done! Whoop Whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this! This is sooo cool!

    ReplyDelete