Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Making stuff from scraps


I took a bunch of scraps that I had picked up at a quilt shop awhile ago as a scrap bag.  I cut them into strips and I added a solid neutral.  I stitched them together in a pleasing pattern.  Added an interesting back which was really just some of the scraps from the front and a lot more of the solid.  And quilted the crap out of it as Amy Dame would say.


Then I played with my brand new acufeed foot.  It is a quarter inch foot.  How did I live without this?  Perfection for attaching binidngs.  Just have to say that.  Perfection!  Snazzo dazzo... I had a table runner.  Just like that.

4 comments:

  1. I love playing with scraps, it can be a lot of fun. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the combination of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely Cathy! A fun use for scraps. I'm all about dense quilting lately. Just finished a lap size quilt with straight lines quilted 3/8" apart across the whole thing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combo Cathy, great scraps! Nice!

    ReplyDelete