Friday, November 30, 2012

Some Friday Finishes...



Christmas is a time where your work in progress list goes out the window and a bunch of new things get made instead.  A mad rush of Christmas makes.  I made a couple of pillows on the weekend.  Pillows go together quickly and I am quite pleased with the outcome.  I have this thing where I like the back of a pillow to be quite firm so I tend to look for home decor weight fabric or something like that for the pillow backs.  It doesn't always work that way but I prefer it for some reason.  I found something fun in my pile of non-quilting fabric and it was just the perfect back for these pillows.  It is a black and white tweed suit or coat weight fabric.  Envelope back.  Done like dinner.  I was going to do buttonholes but I interfaced the part of the pillow back that overlaps and the double thickness of the fabric made it quite thick and I was having to fiddle too much on the test buttonhole so I just went without.  They look just great without too and the envelope back closes nicely.  Phew!  I think that if I was in the mood, a bound buttonhole would have done the trick but I don't think I have done those since sewing class in high school!

Linking up with Amanda Jean for finish it up Friday!

1 comment:

  1. The colors look great on those pillows. I like both of the designs for the pillows

    ReplyDelete