Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday



1) Currently sitting at 16 blocks and I think I need about 25 is the Another Star quilt.  It is happily poking along.  I am hoping to wham out the last 9 blocks this weekend and then who knows what will happen!




2)  Since I finished the top of Proverbial Sunshine, I am now thinking about the back.  This is a big quilt so it will need a big back.  I had this vintage sheet.  I think I like it.  I will however, need to work some magic as it is not quite big enough despite being a double flat.  This quilt makes me happy, even when skies are gray!  Okay, that was a bit cheesy.



3)  EEK!  What the heck is going on?  Under all those sheets is my sewing table and sewing machine.  Husband is renovating my sewing room.  He started with the kitchen side of the room.  This is our second stove that I use for canning.  He is making it a more official little wee kitchen at one end of the room rather than just having a floating stove and fridge.  Then I will have a huge open wall which will house a HUGE design wall.  Then he is making me another wall of shelves for all that other stuff like thread and quilting books and buttons.  It is just so exciting but right now it is a MESS even though he is the tidiest renovator known!  I put fabric together.  He puts wood together but we both construct.  Kind of cool.


So there.  Works in progress.  Linking up with Work in Progress Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and the Needle and Thread Network.  

8 comments:

  1. I like the bright colour of the stars in your first quilt. It's so nice to have someone to do the building for your new sewing room. Enjoy!
    Barb@Witsend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that vintage sheet for the back of your Proverbial Sunshine Quilt - a very nice match. I have a soft spot for those vintage linens, I find them so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! You are SOOOO spoiled! I am SOOOO jealous! I already want your wall of fabric shelves and fabrics...now I want your whole sewing room! Geez!

    I do like that vintage sheet for the back of your quilt...maybe you could cut up another solid yellow sheet and piece the two together maybe? I used to have these cute bright yellow sheets with butterflys on them on my bed when I was a kid...wish I had those now...they'd be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those your scraps sorted by color in those boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful husband! Your bright, beautiful stars drew me here...love them. I think you should go for the vintage sheet...it reminds me of my grandmother's house...so cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been reading your some of your posts over the span of a couple of months. Sorry to hear things had to end that way. I think you should consider buying a domain name and web host and take your business/hobby to the next level.
      Kızlık zarı

      Delete
  6. I love your sunshine quilt and the vintage sheet seems to pair well with it. That star quilt is sure shaping up. I see so many possibilities with that pattern, so colourful! Now for your sewing room! DOUBLE WOW! A stove and fidge and all that storage space is to die for. I can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete