Friday, November 9, 2012

Scrappy Stash Quilt Along




I finished this one a week or so ago.  Made for the Scrappy Stash Quilt Along hosted by Ellison Lane Quilts, this wonky log cabin quilt top is made completely from scraps!  The challenge was to make monochromatic log cabin blocks from your scraps.  Sounds easy enough and the blocks actually went together really quickly.  The puzzle was how to put them altogether.  Initially, I had a random layout but on a whim, I decided to try a rainbow.  It worked!  I just had to make a few extra blocks to round out the quilt.  The quilt is bound in a blue on blue stripe and quilted simply on either side of the blocks in Aurifil 50 wt in white.  The busy scrappiness didn't seem to need any more quilting than a simple grid.  The back has a fun print with streamers and some colourful bits of leftovers.  Linking up with the Scrappy Stash QAL on Monday and with Amanda Jean's Finish it up Fridays.

Quilt Stats
Name:  Rainbow Scrappy
Scrappy Stash QAL
Size:  59.5" x 68.5"
Quilted by:  Me


23 comments:

  1. Awesome quilt once again :) I hope that one day I will have enough scraps to make a rainbow quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Anothing stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. I'd have a hard time doing a rainbow quilt since I hardly have any reds or orange :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great rainbow finish. I hope to finish mine in a few days, it it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, I love rainbow - it just works perfectly with these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt you must be a wirl wind in your quilting room you get so much accomplished.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy quilt and a great way to use up scraps. The rainbow arrangement works beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh! i am in love with your quilt! It is absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think if there were a Finish it Up Friday award for most impressive finish, you'd win! This is an incredibly lovely quilt. I just pieced a spectrum top, too, and it is HARD. So, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Cathy, it looks great! I am finishing mine up today hopefully...have to baste it first. I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that is so pretty, I love how you has positioned the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your quilt!! It's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Your blocks are gorgeous, and you are actually DONE! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its a very Happy Quilt. Finishing mine this weekend. See ya at the end.. great job

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful layout on this one. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is beautiful,, congrats, popping over from the party..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your layout! What a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This quilt is so beautiful. I love these colours. My quilt isn't ready yet. Have to hurry up and finish it before thursday. Thank you for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that you did it in rainbow order! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful quilt! I love all your bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it! What a happy warm quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely yummy! I love a rainbow!

    ReplyDelete