Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Work In Progress Wednesday....


Eeek!  This is the best work in progress!  My new wall of shelves in the sewing room are done and filled up! The only thing missing is the drawer handles which just arrived today.  That is why the drawers are all slightly open.  Oh, this just makes me so happy!  I have dedicated thread drawers and another drawer just for everything related to packaging, labelling and stuff.  Oh, bliss!  You will notice some fabric here but my stash is around the corner in its own space and away from direct sunlight.  Did you notice all my scrap boxes?




Okay, back to quilting.
1)  I have made no progress on my Another Star quilt and no progress on
2)  my Proverbial Sunshine quilt.  EEEK!  I have to get busy.
3)  I did make some pillows for Christmas gifts
4) And I made a little zippy pouch and a big one for a swap so I was sewing but on random fun stuff.

One more picture of my sewing space from the stairs... I have a lot of space.  Next up is a giant design wall. Husband has made design wall junior for me already which replaces the thumb tacked flannelette on the wall.  Design Wall senior will be a grand 96" by 96".  Squeal!  No more design bed or floor!!!!!


Linking up with Work in Progress Wednesday and the Needle and Thread Network!

23 comments:

  1. Love the wall of shelves. Your sewing space looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing room for an amazing fiber artist. Everything looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More than jealous of those wonderful shelves! So much easier to accomplish things when your workspace is so well organized.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Looks wonderful. The design walls will be super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so nice! I like your vintage cannisters too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am jealous of your shelving! I have exactly three spaces on an Ikea bookshelf for my stuff and the rest is an unorganized chaos on my sewing table and dining table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squeal is right!!!! This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great sewing room...love your wall of shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I am so insanely JEALOUS! It looks awesome and I know that the fabric stash around the corner looks even better! Lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Have fun stuffing those full!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous area in which to create -- lucky, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just want to say that I love your round canisters (probably previously used for flour, sugar, salt, and tea?) and your creamy floor! You have a beautiful room for sewing.
    Nancy from joy for grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am really envious of your work space - the shelf unit is so practical and looks so pretty too with all your super containers - I'm sure it will fill you with inspiration and enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My sewing space might be as organized if I could trade up to a husband who could use a saw and a hammer... oh well, theres another peice of fabric to throw on the floor in the corner...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My OH MY... absolutely fabulous! You must be downright giddy every time you enter your room.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooh love your new shelves- they look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eek is right! Cathy this is amazing!!! I feel like going downstairs and knocking out a couple of walls!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You have the space! You have a carpenter! You have the sewing necessities! You rock! ;). We have just renovated the bathroom, and I have the vanity which I am going to make into a sewing table and your picture tells me that I have to make sure that it is even with my big table like yours...thanks for sharing. I hope that this room continues to eek out those creative vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is amazing! My first one is off to college in 19 months. This makes me want to take over her room when she goes instead of letting the little kids spread out. A girl can dream, right?

    ReplyDelete
  20. May I move into your sewing room, please?

    ReplyDelete