Monday, September 26, 2011

Design Wall Monday (actually I threw it all on the spare bed)



Here it is on the design bed!  My "I Spy Wall Quilt" for my office.  I am really tickled with it.  It is a mixture of 4.5" squares for some larger prints, some 2.5" x 4.5" rectangles and then a whole pile of 2.5" squares.  I paper pieced the words I Spy for the top.  So much fun!  My plan is for the little people sent to my office (I am an elementary school principal) to have something interesting to look at.  Now I just have to sew all the wee blocks together.  Finished, it will measure about 32" x 36".

I was lucky enough to receive a pile of I Spy fabrics from Riel who blogs at the Q and the U and some from Jan-Maree who blogs at the Cherry Red Quilter.  They both sent me some great school prints too!

And I am going to link up to Judy's Design Wall Monday!

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I made several I spy quilts and it was suggested that I donate them to the libraries in the elementary schools. I had to check with the principals to see if they would allow them to hang in the media center. Some said yes, others, no. They make for hours of looking and discussing. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids are going to love your I Spy Quilt. Looks great.
    OH!! I also use the spare Queen size bed AND two singles as design walls. LOL.
    It is sad when I have visitors as I have to clear them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I'm sure the children will just love looking at all the amazing colours, characters and patterns in your wall-hanging. Its such a great idea!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! Very fun quilt. I'm sure the kids will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT!!!! The kids are going to love it! I just love what Mom C said about donating one to a school to hang in the library - what a good idea - might have to do that myself. Love that guitar fabric - love it all - what fun! While it is on your design bed maybe you could see if you like it wiht the words in the middle.....just a thought! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a fun idea! I love that you used a variety of sizes as well. I think the kids will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete