Thursday, September 15, 2011

Farmer's Wife Check In: Week 16

Here it is... week 16!

 I love this one!  Block #55 Linoleum

And I think it does look like an old linoleum tile pattern.  With that in mind, I selected fabrics that I thought might have been linoleum colours way back when.  I am totally pleased with the way this turned out.  It was a fun little block to put together too! If you haven't read the letter that goes along with this block and you have the book, check out the letter.  The farmer's wife who wrote the letter was very much about equality in the relationship between the farmer and his wife.  I think she may been ahead of her time in that regard!  She also lists the need to have modern conveniences.  One of which is linoleum.  I would never have thought to list linoleum as a modern convenience!  How far we have come.


 Block #109 Windows

And how appropriate that I took the picture in front of an old window, without even thinking about it!


3 comments:

  1. I love old lino and I love your block too Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks and the fabric you used to make them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your blocks this week are beautiful. I agree on the comment linoleum. How far we have come!

    ReplyDelete