Saturday, September 10, 2011

Flea Market Finds and the best find of all!

Okay.  So I found some sweet things to share today but the best find of all was finding my long lost car keys!!!!!  OMG, I cannot tell you how happy that made me.  They have been missing for a week and I was getting more and more obsessed with finding them.  I knew that I could get new ones made but with the computer chip key and remote fob, never mind the house keys blah, blah, we were looking at a lot of money!  I started phoning all the places we went to last Saturday and sure enough, the hardware store had my keys.  I am so relieved.  I feel whole again. I was almost to the point of digging for them in the compost pile!

Yesterday was the start of a big weekend of fundraising for the Mennonite community in the Fraser Valley.  We are not Mennonite but I must say that I am a big fan of their thrift stores and the big Fall Relief Sale is a lot of fun.  It is held in a great big facility and is like a giant garage sale with the addition of great Mennonite food and quilts!

I found this gorgeous vintage embroidered linen pillow cover for a steal of 50 cents!!!!  It is so lovely and closes with little old snaps.  The embroidery is VERY well done! I have already made a pillow form for it and it is happy in the living room.  I left the price tag on to show off but it is a very tiny tag!





I bought Husband a giant gorgeous Christmas Cactus plant.  It is huge for a mere $10.  He had to carry it though. It almost broke his back, I think.  No photo of that though.  Trust me, it is gorgeous.


Some treasures from the bounty that Mum brought for me on her last visit.


Some old old school textbooks

a lovely needlepoint that I think was only $1 or  maybe $2

And a lovely old vintage print that just wishes for a frame
Playing whist with the ladies tonight!  Have a lovely weekend.  I will be linking up with Sophie's Flea Market Finds and hopefully with Apron Girl's Thrift Share Monday .

6 comments:

  1. great finds! including the keys. I haven't played whist is a long time but I remember my mom having the girls in for the whist party.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for finding lost things, I did something similar today and mine were in the bin! I love the needlepoint and that vintage print is gorgeous!

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embroidered pillow cover sure is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds, the embroidery really is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something rather romantic about those vintage prints - they always seem kinda hopeful to me ... sounds like you had heaps of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 50 cents?! Wow. Just beautiful - and what a bargain too!!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete