Friday, September 9, 2011

WOW! Let there be light!

I have been complaining and yes, even whining about the light above my sewing space.  I sew in our downstairs kitchen on a giant harvest table that Husband made from cedar barn planks.  It is a fabulous space because the table is vast and I can leave everything everywhere and it is all good.  The light above the table was a fixture my mum found in a for free bin at the Kiwanis Market in her little town.  It looked good in a shabby chic kind of way and would be great if it was in a eating area but for task lighting in a sewing space, it just didn't work.  Yesterday, while I was at work, Husband installed 2 fluorescent fixtures above the table.  Oh my goodness!  What a tremendous difference!!!!!  I can now even take pictures on my cutting board without them being dark and yellow.  I am just so tickled.  This was my birthday present.  The lights that is and I couldn't be happier with the result.

Don't mind my mess.  The garbage bags everywhere are filled with fabric.  You know that story.

messy sewing table, garbage bags of fabric and general sewing mess

card tricks block just on my table!!!  no flash even!!!!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!  You have until Sunday evening to enter!

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous Birthday Present. I have Flouros and they are great.
    WOW i see the stash in the background. It's like a shop. Lucky you.
    Love your card trick block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good husband - giving you light instead of showing you the light! How is all the sorting going?

    ReplyDelete